Friday 19 October 2012

Midnight - NaNoWriMo

If you haven't already heard of it, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month.  The idea is to write 50,000 words in 30 days.

I have decided to have a go at NaNoWriMo for the first time, this November, along with my friends from Colchester WriteNight.

For NaNoWriMo this year, my plan is to add 50,000 words to 'Midnight', which is the working title for my first novel.  I have been working on this novel for some time and it holds a very special place in my heart.  I have already written 31,000 words, but I have yet to write the main narrative.  This is what my 50,000 words will focus on next month.

The novel will tell the story of my Grandfather's family during World War 2.  As such, in order to prepare, I have been conducting a fair bit of research into events in Colchester, during the War, watching DVDs, reading books and trawling the internet in order to create a timeline of key events, which were newsworthy or had an impact in Colchester.  So far, it has been fascinating.

I am hoping to write regularly about this project over November and beyond.  It should be a lot of fun ... and a lot of work. Wish me luck!  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Excellent xx Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good writing to you!
    This is only my second nano. I fell short last year. Hope to do better this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck to you! Hope you manage it! :-)

      Delete