Tuesday 23 October 2012

Colchester WriteNight Meeting

Last night, we had our latest fortnightly WriteNight meeting.  It was lovely to see everyone again and to have some focused time just for writing.  

I organised our exercise this time and I set up an activity, where we pulled a noun, adjective, verb and opening line from hats and we then had to write a story which contained the 3 words and started with the opening line. 

Opening Line - Everyone was asleep except ...
Noun - weasel
adjective - despicable
verb - repair

Again, everyone came up with varied approaches to the themes.  There was a tale of a giant baby, a children's story about a cat, a description of a classroom full of sleeping pupils, a romance with Death, a teenage party and a tale of a weasel repair man amongst others.  

I want to meet a weasel repair man ... 

I enjoyed the writing as always and I found the stories everyone came up with fascinating.  It was another good evening.  

I am now really looking forward to getting stuck into NaNoWriMo with my WriteNight friends.  It's going to be brilliant!

If you want to come to WriteNight, we meet on the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 15 Queen Street, Colchester.






2 comments:

  1. It was a lovely evening and a fun excercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. I liked your weasel repair man. Genius! :-)

      Delete