Wednesday 12 September 2012

SKOPT - Some Kind Of Poetry Thing - Monthly meeting.

Last Wednesday night, I took myself over to SlackSpace in Colchester for the monthly meeting of SKOPT (Some Kind Of Poetry Thing) which is run by Steve Lawton

It's the second meeting I have attended.  I decided to join because, although I have been writing poetry for as long as I can remember, I have always felt reticent about reading it out publically.  I decided that I need to get a bit braver and actually try to get some of my work out there.  I love to sing publically, so why not learn to be more confident in performing my poetry!

I had a great time.  They are an awesome bunch of people and I have to say, it's only the second time I have attended but I already feel much more confident about reading out my poems.  The atmosphere at SKOPT is friendly and any critiques given are really objective, constructive and positive. 

The only question now is ... do I have a go at the Poetry Slam at the Arts Centre in October?  Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment